When was the last time you…
1. …sent a handwritten letter? Humm… well it’s summertime and all of my friends are of to camp and far away places where mail takes on a whole new importance so it really hasn’t been that long. I do have a card sitting on my desk that I need to send off to mom. If you’re reading this, HI MOM!
2. …baked something from scratch or made something by hand? Cooked a bunch of tasty treats last weekend, catfish, steak and what not. I also helped B&M cook up some chicken and cheese chimi’s Wednesday night before they headed off to San Fran.
3. …camped in a tent? Summer of ’99. CF Nola survival… entirely too long!
4. …volunteered your time to church, school, or community? Well, I just finished up a stint as an assistant t-ball coach thank you very much, and no, I won’t be adding that title to my resume.
5. …helped a stranger? Humm… not really sure on this one; I know that I’ve helped people here and there when I’ve been out and about, I just can’t remember right now. 😉
Questions courtesy of the Friday Five.
As a side note, Monday is Canada Day! I’m not sure what that’s all about, but it’s on my Far Side desk calendar (yes, I looked ahead). Have a great weekend all, and make Canada Day count!
It’s a Tuesday, which in my book is a bit better than a Monday. Ever have the case of the Mondays? Yesterday I did… wow but I won’t talk about it here because today is Tuesday, and we’ll just have to live with that. Today really wasn’t a bad day, but it was for the most part pretty uneventful. I did almost get creamed by an eighty year old man on the way to work though. (I really don’t have anything against eighty year old men who can’t drive – but I do have something against people who can’t drive). It’s all good though, I survived the near side swipe and the heart attack in the process so I guess that we both came out on top. I made a few layout changes to my blog over lunch, wow; this blog customization stuff is more difficult than I thought. If anyone knows someone who would like to take a stab at it for me, let me know and I’d gladly chunk over some change to get this whole thing running the way that I want it to. 😉
Work started off with an email from my little brother who sent me this link. What a sick f*ck. He knows how scared I am of clowns. Everyone knows how scared I am of clowns. I’ll loose even more sleep tonight over the whole mess. Some would say that I need therapy. I would say that there’s not much normal about people wearing a ton of makeup, big shoes, and a squishy red nose – but that’s just me.
We have our end of the season t-ball pizza party tonight, sadly I have to say goodbye to all of the sluggers for a year. I had fun being a coach, I really did and I hope that when some of the kids sign with a major league team, they’ll think of me. So for now, I’m off to munch some pie with a bunch of kiddies and then it’s home for some much needed shut eye. Today will get better; I have a feeling about that one – but tomorrow, now that’s a whole new ball game!
Friday, June 14, 2002
Ok, I’m back…
The Friday Five:
1. How often do you do laundry? I try to do a few loads at least once a week or if I need clothes to wear.
2. What’s in a typical wash load? Hummm… well, I’m not big on separating colors, but I usually make a valiant effort to do so. As long as a red shirt doesn’t end up in the whites, I’m ok.
3. Front or top loader? Powder or liquid detergent? Top loader… which I guess is better than a freeloader right? And I usually use liquid detergent, but I keep a box of the dry crystal stuff on hand if I ever need it.
4. Do you use fabric softener in the rinse cycle? Always. After all, there’s nothing better than Downy freshness!!!
5. Dryer or clothesline? The Dryer, always… as a kid I remember having to hang our clothes on the clothes line – the ‘rents had FOUR lines! Two parental units and four boys, yeah we had a lot of clothes. After years of hanging clothes on the line, I’ve decided that I’d hang no more and I’ve been using the drier ever since.
Well, my little brother sent me a personality test from The Spark and I took it this morning. Needless to say, after seven pages of questions, I’m a healer!
See the description below:
Friday has been slow coming, but it’s finally here. The past week has been long, full of emotion, pain and suffering. I really can’t go into many details at this point so you’ll just have to bear with me. A big thank you goes out to all of you who have sent me encouraging thoughts through out the week. You know who you all are, and I am forever indebted because of your kindness. I now know the true meaning of friendship.